Current Road Construction and Closures
The following list details all major road closures or detours due to construction or repair projects.
- McKnight Circle construction and repairs began on Friday, July 12, 2019 and will continue until the area is safe for the public. Please refer to the Emergency Declaration for more information.
- Thompson Run Road between Radcliff Drive and Evergreen Road in Ross Township will be closed to all traffic starting Monday, July 15, 2019. The restriction, which is expected to last two weeks, is required to replace a damaged portion of stone abutment on Thompson Run Bridge No. 3 with reinforced concrete and to implement a stream diversion.
- Reis Run Road will remain closed until further notice due to a recent landslide. We will continue to keep you updated on PennDOT's progress. Contact Steve Cowan at 412.429.5010 for more information.
- Babcock Blvd Phase Change at Peoples Road Tuesday in Ross Township.
- The replacement project for Jacks Run Bridge No. 4 carrying Jacks Run Road over Jacks Run near the intersection of Balsam Street will begin in early June 2019 with construction continuing through end of November. Please refer to the following detour.
- McKnight Road Lane Restrictions Begin Tuesday, May 28, 2019 in Ross Township.
- Brookview Lane Bridge to close beginning Monday, March 4, 2019 at 8AM, and will reopen in early June. View our progress.
- SR 4011- Rochester Road (Perry Highway to Nicholson Road) to close beginning Friday, March 4, 2019.
- Evergreen Road starting at Babcock Blvd. near Rochester Road ending at the intersection of McKnight Road south off ramp.
- PennDOT Project- Route 4021 Lowries Run Road Drainage Improvements begin Tuesday, April 8, 2019.
- HOV Improvements begin Tuesday, April 2, 2019 in Pittsburgh and Ross.
- Long-term shoulder restriction on the McKnight Road ramp to southbound I-279 (Parkway North) will begin Wednesday morning, April 3, 2019, weather permitting.
- Emergency replacement of culvert along Peoples Road and Babcock Boulevard to begin on Friday, April 19, 2019.